This engaging and interactive e-learning course has been designed to help increase learner’s knowledge of child protection processes and procedures which are embedded across Scotland.
On completion, learners will have an increased understanding of how to recognise the signs that a child or young person may be in need of help and protection from harm, as well as increased confidence in responding appropriately when a concern is raised about a child or young person.
On completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the various types of child abuse and neglect
- Identify the signs and what to look for
- Know how to ask questions if you suspect a child is being abused
- Know what steps to take if you suspect abuse is happening
- Know what happens after a child care or protection concern is made to Children’s Services (Social Care)
- Know what to do if a child or an adult discloses abuse
- Understand the importance of keeping records
- Understand the importance of multi-agency working
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Physical Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- What to do if you suspect abuse or neglect
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 3 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This module is aimed at anyone who comes in to contact with children within their work environment.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.