This course is aimed at all healthcare professionals who care for people with diabetes. The training will help professionals to recognise and manage active foot disease.
There are no specific requirements for this online course, however, we recommend that you first complete ‘The Safe Use of Insulin (2014 update)’, ‘The Safe Use of Non-Insulin Therapies’ and ‘The Safe Management of Hypoglycaemia’.
After completing this module you’ll be able to:
- Recognise the foot at increased risk of ulceration
- Understand the need for timely multi-disciplinary team referral
- Understand the principles of foot ulcer care
- Recognise Charcot changes and its management
- Understand the principles of management of painful neuropathy
- Identifying the foot at risk
- Assessing the risks
- Managing the issues identified
- Types of active foot disease
- How to manage active foot disease
On completing of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 hour – 1 hour and a half to complete. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
All healthcare professionals who care for people with diabetes.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
£30 + VAT (£36.00 inc. VAT)